Friday, July 25, 2014

Hillbilly hand fishing with the Duggars!

          Another week down and a few more days closer to school starting. I’ve almost made it through my 18th summer without being reported to DCS. I know that sounds horrible but, you will never know what it is like to walk in my shoes. If the truth were known, I should be in a straightjacket and heavily medicated at this point. My only solace is going to work, how sad is that?  Jeremy however, has no reprieve. His personality has split, it’s the only way he has survived.
          One of my secret pleasures in this world (besides eating in the middle of the night) is watching….19 kids and counting. I know, it is completely not what you were thinking. I just am in awe of how this family operates. I am very aware that the show is edited, but I find it hard to believe that their children NEVER fight? That Michelle and Jim Bob NEVER argue? That isn’t natural. I mean for goodness sakes, they have been through pregnancy and birth 19 times! How are they even still speaking to each other, let alone continuing to have sex together?
          I have my suspicions that Michelle is very heavily medicated, possibly a speed ball addict (cocaine and heroin) thus making her as relaxed and productive as she appears to be. This is the only explanation that I can come up with as no one can be that on task ALL THE TIME.  Jim Bob is obviously her dealer and she doesn’t want to piss him off and get cut off from her only means of escape, thus the willingness to continue to have sex even after 19 children.
I don’t understand how she is still continent. She must be like the Norway rat (it has absolutely no bowel or bladder control and is incontinent with every movement). I have only had 4 children and I can’t sneeze without wetting myself like a newborn babe. I have written to the makers of Nyquil and pitched an idea. I think it would be great product placement to combine their product with a box of panty liners and market it specifically to women. Their hook could be to highlight the fact that if you are sick, take the Nyquil, put on a panty liner and if you still cough and pee your pants, at least it won’t be a full bed change. You’ll be so drowsy you won’t even care if you piss your pants! I can’t believe they didn’t jump on that idea but I’ve not given up all hope.
I find it hard to work with my 4 children, I cannot fathom 19 freaking kids up in my business all the time. The fact that she home schools them all proves to me that she is not making sound decisions. I’m sure that I am not what you picture in your mind as the “June Cleaver” of Rickman, Tennessee, but even the Cleaver’s knew that the parents needed a break from the children every once in a while. I truly adore my children, but I know my limits. I NEED the children to go to school. They need time to be away from the house.
          Another reason that I am fascinated with the Duggar’s is how that I have never seen any of their children unclothed, swearing, or shitting somewhere that was not a bathroom. I am only the mother of 4 but each of my children has done each one of these things. In fact, 3 out of 4 still remain only in their underwear when home, and 2 out of 4 still regularly soil themselves. I do not believe however, it is an issue of intelligence. I base this on several facts.
          First and foremost, I am their mother. This alone guarantees them at least an average IQ. Secondly, they are all very witty, even when confronted with shitting in the yard. For instance, Cooper was on the trampoline last summer, he got off and pulled down his pants in the driveway and took a dump. This same child has a and more appropriate vocabulary than most adults. Some of his skills include both traditional terms such as poke (a brown paper bag) to urban speak such as whip (car). He is actually remarkably smart and good looking. Those are also other traits of my children. Alas, my fascination with the Duggar’s continues.
          Wyatt and Matthew have really spent a lot of time this summer with my mother. I am glad that they are enjoying themselves but I really do miss them when they aren’t home. They seem to be growing up too fast, but I am so proud of the men that they are becoming. My Matthew has really stepped it up lately. He has a great personality, witty humor like his mothers, and a beautiful girlfriend. At his age, we tend to communicate a lot by text and social media. I can keep up to date on his whereabouts and goings on through electronic means.
          He and his girlfriend Saige went fishing today. I think they caught the Loch Ness Monster actually. He posted some pics on FaceBook of the catfish they caught and I was astonished. First the fact that he had on a shirt, jeans, and boots in 92+ degree weather, and then he was holding a massive catfish. I thought I was watching some sort of reality show about hillbilly hand fishing at first. Both he and Saige managed to catch monstrous catfish from a private pond where she lives (she does not live IN a pond, it is simply on her families property). By the size of the fish, I would not be surprised if the water level dropped 2 inches when they pulled those monsters out of the water.


          Thus as the end of summer comes, I begin to relax somewhat. I know that soon my children will be expanding their minds and attending school once again. I hope they continue to thrive both physically and in their educations. I hope they understand that during extreme times of stress, we love them as much as chocolate chip cookie dough Blizzards, and that we can make them disappear just as fast….



No comments:

Post a Comment