Sunday, September 8, 2013

Aren't you feeling a might peckish?




So it was pointed out to me that perhaps some people will not understand one of my previous posts. I am a woman of larger proportions, a "Plus Size" gal if you must.

I was out yesterday with my 2nd son Wyatt, and my daughter Charleigh Joe shopping . My accompanying son ask me if I was feeling a bit peckish, I laughed on the inside because I wonder how many people know that word......and of those who do, use it. Only the son of a BBW would ever make that statement.

I went in to our local Maurices (Cookeville) as this is really the only place any woman of size and under 60 can purchase anything stylish in my area. I spoke with the manager  of the lack of larger sizes in stock and she was very nice and explained to me that corporate is the one who regulates their par levels of what they get. If a larger size is  consistently being ordered, they will increase the par level of that size.

On behalf of every BBW, I ordered. I encourage all my fellow BBW to do the same so that we can get a larger selection of clothing, NO WOMAN SHOULD HAVE TO WEAR A WINNIE THE POOH SHIRT, EVER!

If you're not a BBW, let me tell you about our options, there is always the 3 staple t-shirts (Winnie the Pooh with his hand in the honey pot and the traditional bird house or the rare find the cat playing with a ball of yarn).I believe they are age coordinated and surely you can understand which is for the younger generation and the older generation.....but, never mind.

I REFUSE TO DRESS LIKE AN OLD LADY OR THE CAT LADY, I'll wear a uniform everywhere and act like I'm on call before I do that.  Oh, and trying to find something to wear to a funeral or wedding? FORGET IT, you are screwed unless you can borrow a piece from another to mix and match your outfit.

I know what you're thinking, why do you care about what you wear to a funeral or a wedding, right? Let me break it down for you (obviously thin people). All of the attention should be to the bride. Correct,  but that same bride will eventually look at pictures and realize she had the local cover band for Duck Dynasty at her wedding. As for the funeral, out of respect for the dead I don't think a Winnie the Pooh t-shirt is appropriate to send someone to their eternal home in.

 I don't understand why this is such a big deal. I think it should even itself out at some point but fuck, its still going on. Why must I have to search to find fashionable wear when the population under a size 14 practically have clothes running towards them jumping into their baskets. A recent study has found that the majority of women in America are a size 14 or larger, I agree with these findings. I don't know why the larger retail (not Walmart) don't understand that younger plus size women want to dress stylish as well.

As for me, I'm sticking with Maurices, who has consistently done me well, and their manager is so nice and helpful with my plight.

Don't even get me started on the search for my insides or lingerie as you may call them. Navy Seals team 6 couldn't find decent lingerie in my size locally or even with extensive search online. Only the savvy BBW knows where to go online for that. Otherwise, you'd have a drawer full of white, all cotton granny panties that come up OVER my boobs or loose lacy crotchless panties only in true red or black, because that looks great with my skin tone and cellulite.....


I guess its something that is a slow process, but it seems slower than waiting for that HOT sign to come on at the Krispy Kreme. Writing this blog seems to have left me a bit peckish....

14 comments:

  1. On this note, I agree totally. Just because we are plus size should not mean that we are limited in options for any type of clothing. I get so sick of having to order clothing off line due to the fact that there is not any stores that I can go into to try them on. Just because I have curves in more places than the bust and hips doesn't mean I want to wear my night gown to the grocery store and be another, "the people you see at Wal-Mart." And I also agree with the statistic. If you think about the people you come in contact within a day's time, the majority will be classified as a plus size person. So in that case, why can we not find clothes?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is just another way of "shaming" us into thinness. If you do find a dept store that carries plus size clothes, its just a few and they are crammed in the back. Think about it.

      Delete
  2. Ros, I have been frustrated with this for years. I really did speak with the manager at Maurices and she told me that the more we order online, she will get our sizes in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BBM Have the same problem. I have to special order everything through Kingsize for men. It seem's there would be a Billion dollar industry here that is simply over looked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, unless you are a slim jim or jane, you are just out of luck in the clothes department!

      Delete
  4. Hilarious! Especially the Winnie the Pooh! I know you don't travel much but I heard about a new store in Opry Mills that opened for BBW! I find out what it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do and see if its all couch cushions or clothes someone under 60 would wear!

      Delete
  5. OMG Ginger, it either that or a shower curtain! I still have a vagina, its just covered with a curtain from Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree Farrah, I have the same problem and so does Megan..I may be really close to 60th but I refused to wear clothes that are not stylist. I remember Megan and I went to Opry Mills a few years back, we walked into one of the stores, the sales clerk looked at us and immediately we felt we were in the scene from "Pretty Woman" we didn't belong in that Store, not that we looked poor but there was NOTHING in the store that would we could get even close to wearing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finding clothes at Lane Bryant anymore is like shopping for a BBW hooker!! Not all of us BBW's want our boobs hanging out you know... Crying shame it is this hard to find decent looking clothing....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Retailers really should wake up!! My poor husband has not been able to buy clothes in a store since he was in Jr High. Buying online is hard. Half the stuff you order doesn't fit and by the time you pay to return ship it, you are out a lot of $$- with nothing to show for it!. Even going to a large city like Nashville does not give you great options. The Big & Tall stores mainly offer 'pooh bear' for men options. Like really, what male under 70 is going to buy pleated front, elastic waste, taper leg jeans?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why there is not more awareness and supply of these type clothes. Instead of shaming us for our bodies, perhaps retailers should accept us and our funds.

    ReplyDelete