Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend from Hell, saved by Billie Lou!

I can't wait to get back to work. This place is crazy!

So, Jeremy was sick all week and I finally agreed he should go to the doctor. I felt like a total failure when I looked in his throat, I don't know how the poor man was breathing. He is a mouth breather, we discovered it early on and had surgery to correct it which went horribly wrong. He will not entertain any more treatment.

We chose to go to our faithful Billie Lou and she agreed he needed immediate treatment and gave him 2 shots and oral medications to start the next day. Whew, no one else was sick, yet. Charleigh Joe vomited at the dr's office and from there it went spinning out of control.

Jeremy was feeling much better by the afternoon and we sat down and talked while I cut up a small pineapple. I ended up eating nearly the whole thing.....I woke up around midnight and knew it was about to go down. Yes, I got the stomach virus.

How do you know which end you should put in the toilet? I always choose bottom to toilet and gown, trash can, old purse for the vomit. I'd much rather clean up vomit than shit. I vomited up Hawaii, all night long and what little must have made it thorough my digestive tract was like magma.  I was so sick. Jeremy rolled over and looked at me and went back to sleep.

This continued all night long, and in the morning Jeremy informed me that Charleigh Joe was sick as well and had a temperature of 104. Great, I've not had a bath (wow, didn't see that one coming huh) and just as I tried to remain orthostatically correct, I heard it. The dumping of a 5 gallon bucket of partially digested food into the boys bathroom. 

Matthew was sick as well and when he vomits, it is for REAL. I have never saw so much vomit come out of one persons stomach as Matthew's. It is unreal, but he is a great shot. Nothing but net, for that playa.

Thankfully when Jeremy was at the doctors office on Friday, Billie Lou called in some topical Phenergan for Charleigh Joe. Everyone had some. It was horrible. No one really stirred until today and it was a weak day spent replenishing lost electrolytes and re evaluating what went wrong.

Poor Jeremy was the only survivor of the stomach virus and he volunteered for decontamination duty.  He is a good man. He got us Gatorade, sprite, crackers, and kept our buckets emptied.

I hope this is the end, but with 4 children going to 4 different schools and 1of them a rhesus monkey (no official papers), I doubt this is the end.

Anyway, the nice sterile environment of work is seeming quite appealing right now. I am so happy to be on the mend with cases posted in the morning.

Billie Lou, you are my hero. You saved all our lives this weekend, I hope someday to return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment