Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Only 98 days til Christmas!

There was a reason Black Friday was created, and contrary to popular belief it was not a retailers idea. It was a run down mothers idea. To combine MMA for holiday stress relief and get something else accomplished. To make the small people happy. 

When someone tells me how many days left until Christmas I want to tell then to fuck off. I'm doing the best I can living day to day and I don't need any extra pressure.

 How does retail chains know what will be the "it" items, they don't. They know there will be soccer moms who are sick of their in laws just looking for a fight. 

Some stores in my area are more prone to brawls than other ones such as Kohls. I think that the length of time you must wait in line directly correlates to your anger and aggression level. I always start at Kohls. If I'm going to get it on... I want to be fresh. I will STOMP your ass if you push me. I will wait my turn but I will not be pushed. 

Several years ago, I was patiently waiting at Wal Mart for the 25$ bikes and had been there for hours. As time grew nearer, more people just wandered over and went to the front of the line. I kindly ask the security guard on duty to address the line jackers. He informed me that there was nothing he could do about it. 

I made a decision at that moment....I would not be that girl who was ran over and pushed around. I reached into my purse and pulled out 2 items. A cigarette lighter and a long fresh menthol, a Kool 100 and I lit it. 

As I was slowly blowing the smoke out the same security guard came hauling his ass back over to me to TELL ME to put it out. I kindly reminded him that he couldn't do anything about it. I did however offer him a solution. If he would take care of the line jumpers I would be happy to extinguish my square. 

Again he told me there was nothing he could do about that. In the background all of the other ladies that had been patiently waiting made a decision, I heard the click of cases and zips of lighters as they joined my protest in smoke. 

When Boss Hog saw he was losing the war, be decided to do the right thing. Once all the jumpers were in their rightful spot, my posse of ladies all put out their smokes as we had agreed. 


We made decisions and made a situation right. He made the right move as we were already discussing our next move. 

We got our bikes that year, and the small people at my house were happy again. 

For the time.


Now you know real origin of Black Friday.    Don't fucking tell me how many days until  Christmas, I KNOW..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment