Thursday, September 12, 2013

Important information regarding eating boogers.

Alas all of the things we hate are here to give us pause and remind us of the good things in life that we perhaps may not give enough appreciation. Let me give you an example, Randy Travis. Who has heard anything about him since he wrecked his Firebird and ran naked through the 7-Eleven? Sure we heard about his fights in the church parking lot (2 incidents I believe) but only lately heard that he was sick. Nothing more!!!

Randy if you read my blog, I sure hope you're doing better. My good friend Billie Lou mailed you a card during your illness that was signed by lots of fans, and she also had a "Forever and ever, Amen" sun visor custom made for her car. Friends like Billie Lou and  Classics like "Digging up bones" are things we should be more appreciative of. 

Does anyone really value silence anymore?

I know that a statement like that coming from me is quite unusual. Yesterday was one of those days that I really did not want to hear about anything unless it pertained to the cases or friendly chat. I did not look at Facebook. It was one of those days that 12 years ago changed all of our lives and I did not want to re live it as it played over and over in the news, on ever channel, all day long.

I am one of those people who are scarred, not just by that but by a lot of things. I deflect problems with humor and distraction. Yesterday was a bad day and I couldn't distract myself. Every time I wrote the date it started up in my head.

I did finally turn on the TV about 8:00pm and watch the season premiere of Boardwalk Empire. Whoever does the hair and makeup on that show is awesome because who ever thought Steve Buscemi was human, let alone a  handsome man as he plays Nucky Thompson.

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I cannot tell you that enough. It was the only highlight of my day yesterday. I didn't get to watch it Sunday night so I DVRed (*sp?).

Place the black stripe across my door, my household is contaminated.

 As of right now 9/12/2013, I have 2 members of the Neville Clan that are sick. Jeremy is drooling on himself because he cannot swallow and has a 103 degree temperature and Charleigh Joe is now vomiting. Did I mention its 4am? Children do not vomit unless it is dark outside, or they are at school.

It seems as if the flu has already begun before the first evening of fire pit, before the first frost, or even a single leave has begun to change. SHIT. This could be bad. For the average household of 2 parents and 2 children, usually one adult and one child or both children make a visit to the doctor for the flu. Our average is 5/6 people in this home will have the flu. Two years ago we actually had 6/6 visits as Cooper actually obtained Strain A and B on separate occasions.

We have our own Rhesus monkey, and all of this house complains when I make them get their free flu shot. Our copay is 25 dollars for an office visit, so multiply that number times 5/6 residents. That equals 125.00.

Now we need to medicate, the drug of choice is Tamiflu which after our insurance pays, our copay is around 65.00 times 5 people equals 325.00. Now add in the cost of electrolyte replenishing fluids, Tylenol and Motrin, etc. for around 20.00.

Lets add it up: 125.00+325.00+20.00=470.00. That is not counting the daycare bill that I get charged for when Charleigh Joe is not in attendance or the full days of lost wages when Jeremy is stricken down with the plague and I cannot work due to handling the things he normally handles while I am working.

My washer and dryer will be running night and day cleaning the linens of the microbes that are causing my family and checking account to sicken. Oh and my oldest, the germaphobe, will only be coming out of his room late at night to sneak something to eat and wash his hands. I won't see Matthew for days. I won't be able to keep Cooper and Wyatt's fingers out their noses long enough to warn them the flu is upon us an stress the importance of washing their hands. I hate flu season.

 The moral of the story, WASH YOUR HANDS and don't eat boogers. Not even your own. Anyone wishing to contribute funds to the Sara Joe household can send me a message and I will let you know how to send funds!



No comments:

Post a Comment