Monday, September 2, 2013

JUST CALM DOWN? DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE?

There are just times in life that you have to accept what has happened. I have done so but last night, I had to pull over and take a few deep breaths just to calm myself down. Here is my story.

 I had just returned from a baby shower and was driving through Monterey. I spotted the DQ and decided to pull in and get some ice cream for me and Charleigh Joe because we had just not eaten enough carbs at a baby shower. I ordered my usual Reeses pieces Blizzard and some soft serve for Charleigh Joe. I guarantee that I was in that drive thru for at least 20 minutes, I don't know if someone ordered a 20 piece chicken in the drive thru or what, but it sandwiched me between a Mustang and a Nissan truck where it was obvious there were some domestic issues going on.


 I kept thinking, surely we are about to move, and frankly the fumes from the Mustang and the couple behind me were about to take over. When I finally got to the window, I took my ice cream and left the tense situation. It wasn't for a few minutes that I realized my problem. They had given me the wrong Blizzard.

It was a Reeses cup Blizzard.  This is where I made my decision to just go with it. I had so been looking forward to the ice cream and now it was not what I ordered, should I go back? I thought about all I had went through to get it and decided to just forget it.

 My evening was ruined, I came home and started doing homework. I gave that unwanted Blizzard to Cooper who willingly took it, and was glad to be rid of it. I had to get the negativity out and think about the positive, the kids would go to back to school soon.

 Charleigh Joe has worn her white sandals all weekend, she wanted to make sure she got the use in use before Labor Day. My mother and I have differing views of this age old fashion law. She says that it is was old and she saw on GMA that it was outdated. I stick to the same thing I have ever known, no white after Labor Day.

Another first and as a side note, I was passed by a Porche Cayenne I-40 yesterday. I let him pass because I was late to the baby shower not because I couldn't take him. The red rocket is just that, a rocket. So Mr. more money than brains, if you wanna go, leave a comment with a place and time and I'll be there.



No comments:

Post a Comment