Saturday, August 31, 2013

The parents worse nightmare: Snow days and 3 day weekends

So today was half way through the dreaded 3 day weekend. All parents know what I'm talking about. It's hard enough to keep them occupied for 2 days and then a holiday comes about. I am ready to gouge out my own eyes, call myself in to DHS, or blatantly shop lift just to get some peace and quiet. Jeremy and I discussed something more long term but I am trying to avoid felony charges.  Jeremy doesn't care at this point.....

I am watching A bugs life instead of Brave tonight. A welcomed change at this point. Poor Flick being harassed by that asshole Hopper. I have worked on my homework all day today in between my MMA refereeing. By the way, Cooper may be in the lightweight category but he can handle himself up the ladder. He's wiry and persistent, he can make me beg him to stop.

I see Charleigh Joe mocking my behavior everyday and as I become my mother, she is becoming me. She runs down and tells the boy's supper is ready, go to bed, stop fighting. She is my minion and I love her.  I'm still trying to figure out her hair though. It is curly? How the hell am I supposed to do it? I have never had an curly hair on my head (that I didn't do on purpose) and I have no idea how to fix it. I keep argan oil on it and blow dry it with a diffuser and it looks sloppy, if I dry in with a round brush she looks like a mini Nancy Grace. I don't know which one is worse! 

We have plans all day tomorrow so hopefully I can get lost in a crowd and escape from the chaos. I hate to say that but at some point every parent has or will. So don't judge me. Don't judge me for my child rearing, judge me  because I have a new-in-box bedside commode.  That is a whole other story.  You just never know. Go ahead and collect your guns and ammo, load your basement with canned goods, just be prepared to shit in a Walmart bag while I'm on the throne. Yeah, didn't think about that did you?

I have been limiting my contact with the news as it upsets me. Jeremy is fascinated by it and actually gets alerts on his iPhone (I don't get that kind of fascination?) and has let it slip about this crap with Syria. It upsets me so much. I can take 4 kids straight from school to Sam's Club sleepy, crying, and hungry but I can't take the real news.

 Maybe I do the Sam's Club thing because they eat their snacks at the sample kiosks, stop crying long enough to get to the car and sleep all the way home....Whatever. I feel your judgement. Go ahead and shelter your kids, I prefer to welcome them to the real world. To thoroughly prepare them. Where everyone is a one-upper, people don't follow the rules, and its really really hard. Maybe my way isn't right, but it is the only way I know. If they can survive me, they can do anything they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment