Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I am so disappointed in you.

Have you ever noticed how things like "I'm so disappointed in you" or THE LOOK can really take you down? Sometimes I'd almost rather be chewed out or disciplined in some way rather than be disappointing, or how about being the bad guy in every situation? A lot of times I am cast as the bad person in a situation just because I'm an opinionated person and usually don't mind speaking up, it's when others who also feel the same way step back in the line when ask about it. I don't know why this is on my mind, but I kinda do.

Today is Gina's last day at our job. She is moving on to greener pastures with the person whose job I filled, Kathy. Gina is an awesome person, always smiling, laughing, so very smart and talented. She is very goal oriented and very realistic, I think that is a trait of a woman with 4 kids (wink wink). I know she will be fine, but will we?
Insert LOOK of disappointment at Gina.

Last night I was talking with Jeremy about this crazy TV show that was on. It was about some guy who murdered another person and called up a random friend to help him dismember the body! It was one of those reenactment type crime shows who use the same actors in each episode wearing bad wigs. Anyway, and the friend actually came over and helped dismember this person! I remember how hard it is to get someone to help you move, let alone DISMEMBER A BODY! That a friend. A really good friend. He would probably help you move, even the piano and the sleeper sofa (which actually is the same weight as a compact car).

I started to wonder:  A. Who dismembers a body
                                      B.  How do you dismember a body
                                      C.  Why am I actually posting this

Actually this brings me to yesterday mornings events.  Yesterday morning I was meeting my friends Nick and Blair (just bought a house, fire pit, yada, yada) for breakfast at 4:30 before I went into work. I didn't realize that they had cancelled until I checked the time on my phone. There was only one other guy in  the place and so I thought, he looks nice enough and I sat down at the table adjacent to his booth.

I was wrong.

I introduced myself and said that we might as well enjoy breakfast together (IHOP, I was already there, might as well eat, French Toast that I didn't have to make or clean up after, uhm yes please) and he nodded. Clean cut guy, glasses, still a blonde as an adult which I though was odd.  He begins by telling me his sleeping pattern is off (totally a psych thing to say, everyone else would say they hadn't slept well) and that he had school this morning. Did I mention it was 4:30AM? No classes in that town were starting until 8am. I ask him what he was taking and he replied engineering, but it was for a project he was working on.

He explained that he wanted to go "off the grid" and use his machine which makes gravity from air(?) to do so. I told him that as a mother and a professional person, I needed to ask him if he had or was planning a bunker, he looked at me and answered no. His body language and facial expressions said "She knows, now she must die, but she's a big girl so I'd better stun her and call Jimmy from 8th grade to help me dismember her."

He was still there when I left, no doubt leaving around 6:45 so he could perfectly back his vehicle into the perfect parking spot at his school and open his Trapper Keeper with his paper dolls inside, stroking the his mothers locket he now wore around his neck.

If I see his face on the news, I will be so disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment