Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve 2013: Plant food, bath salts, and semen..all in a day's work

       





Green-Ferns.jpg (2212×1580)





I have one of the greatest mothers in the world. That being said, sometimes she really surprises me with the comments or beliefs she verbalizes.
       I was skyping (is that even a word) with her and she told me she had hidden her Jobe plant food sticks, “Just in case”. In case of what? A fern broke into the house wanting to eat? I finally realized she was referring to Molly’s Plant food! That opened up a whole issue with me educating my mother on the reason for the names these products are called. All this time she has thought that actual plant food was causing young people around the country to act like pseudo schizophrenic zombies. I have failed as a daughter.
       I feel bad now because she probably has all her old lady “bath salts” and crap hidden as well, just in case…..I was really taken aback by her admission as she is pretty savvy when it comes to the real world. I guess no one told her it wasn’t a verbatim kind of thing. Again, I am to blame on that one.
       Wyatt went to her house tonight to spend the night. I sure am glad she put up her plant food. I’d hate to hear that he was exposed to it and turned green and leafy and tried to eat her face off…
       So, I’m down one kid so what do you do? You allow another one to spend the night. My niece Cindy ask to spend the night and I said sure, why not. I really enjoy having her here. It’s like the best house guest in the world chose your home to come to.
       My satellite is out…that tends to happen when you don’t pay the bill. So now I am forced to watch movies. That, I don’t mind. It’s the fact that I walk in and Jeremy already had a movie going. He has been watching Transformers. Really, a 36 year old man is watching Transformers? Is he playing Mario brothers while he does it? In his footed pajamas? I really shouldn’t give him a hard time as he has been with the children so much since they have been out of school. I should probably be glad that everyone is still potty trained and not reverted back to incontinence.
       I hate movies like that, the kind that are totally unrealistic and yet I’m too lazy to get up and change it. I just turn down the volume so I can barely hear it and try to do something else. Perhaps I should get my ass up and change the movie, as it has played twice since I have been home; but I really don’t care. I’d just as soon see the damn thing burned up, out of the DVD player of course.
       The new puppies are doing great. No accidents. They love me! I came home and they ran and jumped up and were eager to see me. That was a good feeling, I liked it more than I could have ever believed.
       Ike and Tina have been “getting to know” each other quite a bit….We have had to move their cage to our bedroom as I really don’t feel like answering any questions from the younger children about their “fighting”.
It’s like the time many years ago when Matthew and I were watching a crime TV show. The narrator revealed evidence that semen had been found in the van of a suspect…Matthew (probably 9 years old) who was so naive and innocent, ask me what semen was. I told him “men who work on ships” and promptly changed the channel. I stopped watching crime shows with Matthew after that.
New Year’s Eve 2013 has thus far been quite a disappointing day. I hope that 2014 is the year that I finally figure life out, without making all the mistakes that I usually do. I wish everyone (except 2 people and you know who you are) all the best, happiness, love, hope, health, and joy. I hope it is a prosperous year and the memorable one yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment