Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The week in review: the good and the bad. Well, mostly bad.

                My week in review has been quite a week. I took off last week in respect for Oprah and now I’m ready to get back online and get the dialogue back on. I had several blog worthy encounters this week starting with my “indecent proposal” at the Monterey Hardees….
          I was waiting in the parking lot of the Monterey Hardees one evening last week in order to meet one of my friends who bought some Mary Kay from me. I use the Monterey Hardees as it is easily accessible, right off the interstate, and everyone knows where it is! It is a hotbed of activity. I was there to deliver the cosmetics and I was early, so I just pulled into a parking spot and used this time to just be by myself, in the quiet….which is a special to a woman with 4 children and hasn’t had an unwitnessed bowel movement since her first child was born….
          As I was waiting, I noticed a particular truck make 2 turns through the parking lot and never going through the drive thru. On the third pass through, he backed his truck in right next to my car and turned off his ignition. Out of curiosity, I looked over at the gentlemen sitting in the driver’s side of the truck. He was well dressed in a suit and he waved at me. Out of instinct, I waved back. He motioned me to roll down the window. I mulled it over in my mind thinking that he couldn’t attack me from inside his truck and if he had a gun, it WOULD penetrate the glass anyway…..
          I made the decision to roll down the window and he quietly ask me if I was meeting someone…..in a low and husky voice.He was looking for a “friend” for an hour. When I realized what he said I replied, “Yes, I’m here to sell someone a gun.”  Wow, me a prostitute? I really thought my makeup looked nice, not prostitute-ish. My retort covered all the elements; I was not here to sell sex (although flattering), and that I had a firearm and was not an easy target.  Had he gone about it another way, I may have been 100$ richer. All he had to do was drop his wallet and let a Benjamin fall out of his wallet and ask about Satin Hands….He may have left happier as well.  All of you who judge, remember that Christmas is next week.
          I happened to run into one of my friends that I had not seen in quite a while and I invited her to breakfast and conversation. I knew that it would lift my spirits just as much or more than being propositioned for sex by a stranger….Angie and I had breakfast at IHOP and discussed our past few months and we exchanged tales ranging from how to raise chickens to the latest bullshit that any or all of our 4 children have put us through. I have to believe that all children do stupid crap because otherwise it makes my children exceptional, and not in that “good” way.
          Angie and I had the best time talking and some delicate flower next to us interrupted us and told her that she just couldn’t eat while we talked about certain topics…Like I give a shit. We are nurses and mothers, all we talk about is gross stuff. How about not listening to other peoples conversations, what are you 12 years old? Whatever, I really wanted to pull her crinkly red hair out but decided it was too close to the kitchen and it wasn’t IHOP’s fault.
          After IHOP I decided to work off some of my hostilities at Walmart. Nothing like a little push and shove action in the toy aisle to get your aggressisons out. I still had some last minute shopping to do and I felt like I could handle whatever that cesspool had to offer.
After an hour and a half, I noticed that I had passed a young man too many times not to be concerned. Finally, as I was squatted down looking at electric razors (for my newly acquired moustache) he approached me.
          I stood up and he said, “Ma’am, is there any way that you could give me a dollar or two for gas to get home?” I looked him up and down and he was impeccably dressed in new and designer clothes. I told him, “You’re dressed better than I am, if you knew you didn’t have any money, why did you come to a store?” I told him that I would not give him any money unless he was willing to stand there listen to my lecture on responsibility.

          He declined my offer and went on to the next person and ask for money. This week has had its up’s and down’s but I seem to have rubbed some the wrong way… and some the right way ;) Either way, it is a small victory when I can make it through a week without going to jail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment