Sunday, April 19, 2015

Leaving Las Vegas...





So as my last week of one job is about to begin, I am feeling more than a little melancholy.  After all these years at the same employer, I have made more than a few friends. I will truly miss them. I have not really advertised the fact that I am leaving because when I talk about it, I get tearful.
       These are not just my coworkers, they are my friends and confidants, many who have been for years.  I know that the relationships will change, I will no longer be privy to the intimate details of their lives that are shared when you see someone as much as we have.  We have shared in births, deaths, marriages, and divorces.  All of these things are part of life and its changes.
       As I lie here with Charleigh Joe watching Mulan, I know I have made the right decision. My heart is sad that I will be so removed from so many relationships but I know that this is also the beginning of a new life. I already have relationships with my coworkers and am forming new ones each and every day.
       One group will never take the place of another, but there is some consolation knowing there is someone else to get to know and new things to learn. If I didn’t talk to you and didn’t let you know that I was changing jobs, it was probably because I was afraid of getting tearful. Please forgive me.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment