Sunday, January 10, 2016

I'm not dressed for jail...





My day started out just like any other. It was cram packed with family fun and togetherness, cleaning, bathing, and a job interview in Nashville. I successfully got everyone off to school and picked up a little all the while thinking about what I was gonna wear to this job interview.  
The interview would be unlike any other that I had been to, except for the location of the employment, a prison. I have heard that correctional nursing can be very fulfilling and lucrative and I look similar to the burly-type, broad shouldered woman whom would fit in (minus the neck tattoo, of course). For once my size and tone of voice would be an asset in a job, and that's got to give you chills.  
Any interview advisor would tell you that you should dress a level above the job in which you are applying, I figured anything above flip flops would be o.k., but I wanted to dress nicely and chose a professional, knee length dress along with boots and a scarf. After collecting my portfolio and all applicable paperwork, I set out on my way to the interview. 


  
Somewhere about 40 miles into 110 mile journey, I was pulled over for speeding. I followed all the appropriate protocols (keeping my hands in the air, looking straight ahead, etc.) when the trooper came to my passenger side door. He was very nice and introduced himself and his organization and why he pulled me over. I did not try to explain or get sympathy for my speeding, I was speeding.  
He ask me why I was speeding and I explained that I wanted to arrive a bit early for my job interview and we made small talk while I looked for the information he had requested. I provided him with that so he could return to his truck to tally up the totals. He came back and informed me that my license was expired for a failure to pay a previous speeding ticket and I would need to call someone to pick me and my car up, or else the car would be towed and I would go to jail. 
I was not dressed for jail. 







Needless to say I called everyone that I knew. Jeremy was out on a run and was unable to help me out and I finally got in touch with my mother who came but did not bring someone to drive my car home, or else we were both headed for bars. I thought and dialed for a little longer and finally was down to people I had not talked to in years, not for any particular reason, just hadn't saw them. thank goodness the second party was only about 15 minutes away and I continued to sit and wait (it has now been 4 hours) for them to return.  
My mom went back to pick up Ginger and the trooper finally released us. I had to call and reschedule my interview without giving up too much information...No one wants to hire someone who almost went to jail on the day of the interview.  
Needless to say, I will get this ticket business solved and get to my interview. Next time I will leave a little earlier and try not to speed, I will try and learn a valuable lesson from this experience. Outside of bars is better than inside of bars. Shout out to my friend Ginger, for her unselfish deeds that day. I definitely owe you one (a big one). 

No comments:

Post a Comment