Friday, November 29, 2013

I hate decorating for Christmas!

          Today is the day, Black Friday. It seems to have become much more of a holiday than Thanksgiving. It is Black for a lot of reasons those including that “push and shove” fighting over reduced merchandise, the cleaning up of then endless dishes that seem to appear from nowhere, and that is when the Christmas tree goes up a the Neville home.
          I see all of the Facebook photos of everyone else’s wonderfully decorated homes and I feel somewhat bad about my dislike of decorating. When I had one or two kids, it was not that big of a headache but when our family grew and our house shrank…..It was not so cheerful. The actual tree was never a live tree as I don’t need one more thing to take care of and every year I say how next year we are getting a new tree as half the lights on our pre lit tree don’t work. We still have that tree…
          Our house’s size is not the only headache, my second son Wyatt also has a sensor that detects when my stress level is peaking and he always decides to move one of his chess pieces. He LOVES to ask ridiculous questions that have nothing to do with the current situation. This causes your stress level, to peak causing you to have a cursing fit that would make some people uncomfortable. When I say uncomfortable I mean really uncomfortable.
          Another thorn in my side is that Cooper is bouncing off the walls as usual and he has a hard time following instructions. I mean this in the most loving way but sometimes he is an ass. When I have had little to no sleep and am feeling stressed, it may not be the time to actually let me count all the way to two before you cease and desist your unsatisfactory behavior.
          I had little to no sleep as I was in the ER with our Charleigh Joe until late last night. It was a holiday and inconvenient, so one of the kids HAD to get sick. It was not Charleigh Joe’s turn but she went anyway. She has pneumonia and a urinary tract infection. Bless her heart, it is amazing what a shot of Rocephin can do. Last night she was so very sick and tonight she is fever free.
          We have had snow twice this week, thus causing the grocery stores to dig deep to find enough milk and bread to market to the public who fears that they will starve in less than 24 hours. I use 24 hours as a basic rule as it has been years since we have had enough snow to keep us in our homes for longer than that.  I have no idea why everyone decides that they need milk and bread if it snows. I have never quite figured that one out. When the weather man forecasts snow, it’s like Black Friday at Save-a-Lot over jugs and loaves.
          I am so stressed out that I need to remain inside with strict instructions that if I try to get to the door, Jeremy is to use any means necessary to keep me in. I would not be upset with me if he used physical force or a tranquilizer gun to stop me.  I understand when I get this way and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I can only imagine how my day would have ended had I went shopping. If not in jail, then someone would have bailed me out. I have watched some of the fights on YouTube and I think I could have taken most of the aggressors, men or women.
          I treated Louse Von Bulow again and my hands have that familiar scent of NIX. I didn’t see a single member or evidence of anything but he was treated anyway. Perhaps that is another reason my Black Friday was truly black.
          Whatever the reason incessant and inappropriate questions, decorating my tiny home with only the assistance of untrained and unruly staff, or treating Louse Von Bulow, my day has not been great. I hope that this is not a chronic condition as I am not the most “cheerful” person anyway…..
           

No comments:

Post a Comment