Sunday, November 3, 2013

The time is nearing, what to do?

            The pressure is setting in, I need to figure this out. It is a make-or-break situation….What to do with Charleigh Joe’s hair for the Tea and Tiara’s event. I know this sounds so minor and petty but I look forward to this event every year. It is an awesome charity and it also gives me and other mothers the opportunity to dress up our little angels and show them off.
            I was born bald…..not just fine blonde hair, I mean bald as a new possum. Pink and shiny my head was until I was close to 4 years old. I was nicknamed acorn head. Unfortunately, my only daughter was also born with this affliction. Perhaps her condition is not as bad as mine was as she has a fine coat of multi-length strands of CURLY hair. Now, no one (really no one) in my family has curly hair. I have no idea what to do with it.
            It is on my mind constantly. I google looking for ideas to make her hair look appropriate but I do not know what to do with curly hair. I blow dried it straight with a round brush once and she looked like Nancy Grace so…that is out. Her normal routine is after bath I put argan oil and a touch of mousse and blow dry on low with a diffuser……I have no idea what I am doing.
            I thank God every day for my wonderful husband and children, I realize that they were given to me to learn lessons and think about long term and life issues. I’m confused as to the angel with curly hair, what is that lesson? If I leave it as is, she looks like Larry from the Three Stooges. That is unacceptable for this event. I want her to look stunning, I can’t figure out what to do. I dreaming about this shit, I dream that my own hair is falling out. What should I do? What is the lesson, I don’t understand?
            So as I lie next to the sweetest, most thoughtful, most beautiful girl in the world, I again go back to this topic. What should I do? I want her outer beauty to match her inner beauty as she is the most wonderful, sweetest, most pleasant child in the world…..She just has shitty hair. As the event draws closer I am getting more and more nervous.

            I also purchased a ticket for my niece Karrah Belle. She is gorgeous with the long thick locks every mother dreams their daughter will have. I can’t wait until she gets all dressed up and her hair and nails done; she is a princess. I want to make a memory for these girls as they are few in my family. I want them to remember when we made them princesses for the day. I want to empower them that they can be anything they want to be, even with difficult hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment