Saturday, January 18, 2014

How to successfully remove vaseline from hair...please tell me.











For the second time in 6 months, my daughter has caused me pain and distress over her hair. I say that only twice she has worried me but of all my children, she has the worst hair. I have boys with the most gorgeous thick locks that could ever be wished for, that kind that effortlessly fall perfectly into place…and then there is her hair.
          After 5 washings with Dawn dishwashing liquid, she still looks like she lives in a bus. I have no other ideas and washing it again would be the equivalent of washing ducks in the gulf after the spill. She will just have to wear it off. Her poor hair. She has such a challenge to overcome.
          I don’t know why she got the short end of the stick. Only recently have strangers been referring to her as a girl. For 2 years I endured the “look at the cute little man” shit. Now, that was despite the fact that she has pierced ears, was wearing a dress, and squeaky gold shoes. They still believed she was a boy because she had really short, fine hair. These are the times in my life that I have held back. I did not attack these half-wits. They have obviously been punished enough.
 I do find it funny how hair tends to label us all through life. As infants and toddlers, girls have long hair and boys have short. As we grow older, when a woman has short hair, she is obviously a lesbian. I don’t know how that got started but if she has short hair and drives a truck, it has to be true. You don’t know how many free coffees that little piece of knowledge has gotten me. I have more than once been approached by a lesbian. Unfortunately, I am a heterosexual woman with short hair. Myth busted.
          When a man has long hair, it is he is obviously a left wing democrat who believes the government should be questioned constantly. I don’t put much stock in stereotypes…they have often left me juggling for words to fix my presumptuous mistakes. Examples such as talking to a family member that you presume is the daughter and slip up and it’s his wife…that’s hard to back track.
          Oh well, if getting the Vaseline out of Charleigh Joe’s hair is all the excitement I have this weekend then I’m going to be ok. Since this is the second time in 6 months, I guess we will not replace the huge tub of Vaseline. Our lives will not be changed that much by that decision. In the end, we will potentially come out ahead of the game.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment