Friday, October 4, 2013

Ada, you will understand this...


I have worked all day. I have worked all week. I’m exhausted. I’m no different than every other person in the world, yet I’m always surprised that I remain exhausted. I work full time, full time student, wife, mother of 4 children and I’m tired. I really don’t care what you’re doing this weekend, I just want to lie down for a while. I am not interested in the government shutdown, I’m not a member of the government that can affect change, and I just want to lie down. Things that have caused me stress today: my pen, my lack of mouth control, my lack of mouth control, and my pen.

There are some things I just have to let go….I lost my pen at work this morning. I searched high and low, obsessed about it all day even retracing my steps to see if I could locate it. Alas, I chose to start my day off in a bad way. Pen less and for me, it was a disastrous start. I love ink pens. God help me but I do. Pennies know what I mean. Shout out to Ada P.

There is nothing like finding the right pen for you, it’s like picking your wand from Ollivanders. Each person looks for something different in a writing utensil. My personal fav is the Paper mate Profile. It has a medium point, smooth ink flow, slim grip, and comes in blue. Heaven….

In my classes (nursing), I had to make an assessment video. The context was very clear on my syllabus as to what and how to assess my patient. My patient however, was a volunteer found by another student. A complete stranger. Now he is mostly naked (undershorts only) and I am touching his body everywhere. He is young and virile, firm as a rock, no tan lines. I am thinking, either his genitals are drawn up inside his body in fear, or he is living the fantasy of most men. Being naked with a nurse filming a video. Judging by his reaction, it was the “cold water effect”.

I filmed the video twice just to make sure that I had enough footage in case it needed to be edited. Or to feel up a complete stranger with written consent while being filmed. Whatever…. It’s more protection than what Kobe Bryant had!

Day 4 of the government shutdown. I hope everyone is happy. Daddy counted to ten and he held to his word. We are all in the time out chair. I don’t blame him. One can only threaten so much before you gotta push pause on the DVR and take care of business. There’s isn’t enough time out chairs for the mess we are in.

Now that I have covered just about everything going on, the children are all accounted for and healthy (for the moment). Charleigh Joe has a huge knot on her forehead from a fight with the Wii last night. She still looks darling.

I’m on call. I sure hope I don’t have to go in to work this weekend. Although, now that I have located my pen, it would be easier to transition to the next dilemma. I had issues with moving on today because of the pen issue.

Oh, and I found my pen. It was lodged in between my large breasts all day. Yes, my breasts are that large. It was warm and it signed that boy’s consent like a Hollywood contract. Watch for Ryan on you tube, edited to make him look as if he liked it of course…..

 

 

2 comments: