Monday, October 14, 2013

Stuck in Chicago, trying to make it to my baby

            We have been up since 5am trying to get home to the children. We left our “shady day inn” too early to enjoy the continental breakfast with the cavemen who were in there shirtless and shoeless. Darn!
            We arrived at the Milwaukee airport without incident and I was immediately able to board a flight to Chicago, which was our only stop. There was only one seat and Jeremy stayed behind and they got him on a sooner flight as well. I thought our day was going to be better. I was wrong.
            The doctor called and got consent to give my baby blood. I can’t believe I’m not there. I should be there. I am her mother. I am perfectly aware that my mother is able to handle any situation that comes up but I am her mother and I want to be the one making the decisions and sacrificing in her name.  
            I have had several calls and texts in regards to my Charleigh Joe and I appreciate every one of them. I know she is loved very much and she has a great cheering/praying section. Obviously a lot more than Lane KIffen……We hope to arrive (if our plane will cooperate) in Nashville around 6:15pm where we have someone waiting to chauffer us to see our girl.            
            We have already made the decision that I would be the one to stay with her tonight as I will not leave her and Jeremy doesn’t want a scene. He’s not that kind of guy.
            The girls from daycare and work have been awesome. My mother has an expensive SUV full of hair and makeup that care about her on their way down there right now. Seriously, these girls are the bomb. My girls from work are calling and texting to make sure that they let me know they will help in any way possible. I really am so lucky to have the incriminating pictures that I have of them and that….never mind. I really have good friends.
            I hope the next time I write I will be able to tell you how much better my Charleigh Joe is doing and we will be going home soon. Again, thank you to everyone who has called, text, prayed, stood behind me, etc. during this hard time. I am always in your debt.

Love,

Farrah Joe and Jeremy Nipple

2 comments:

  1. Farrah,
    You don't know me but my husband & I are friends of Chad & Megan. I follow your blog thanks to Megan and I love your humor. I am so sorry to hear about your precious Charleigh Joe, and just wanted to let you know that we will be keeping her and your family in our thoughts and prayers!!
    Amanda & Bob Fulton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Amanda, that means a lot to me. I have realized that although you never actually meet someone, you develop a relationship none the less. Thanks you for your thoughts and prayers and we will have to meet sometime.

    ReplyDelete