Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Why are 10 year olds questions so awkward?


          I left work early today, I had so much to do and there was plenty of staff for the work we had. I promptly came home and went straight to bed. I took a 2 hour nap and then spent an hour beating myself for not accomplishing the things that I specifically reasoned with myself that needed to be done. I am a loser.

          Since I am such a loser, I offered to go to Cookeville and pick up Charleigh Joe from daycare, everyone decided they wanted to go as well. Great. A van full of minors who constantly fight and are just out of arms reach. I didn’t think it possible but it finally happened, 5 people in one van having 5 different conversations, none of them related…..

          No one can understand. Wyatt ask me on the way home if you could die from insanity and I replied yes. He ask how and I said suicide or death row. He didn’t think that was funny. He also ask me if you could get breast cancer from getting your nipples twisted (as in a purple nurple for the parents). I told him if that was true then daddy would be on hospice by now. There must be something about that age that brings out awkward questions.

          That brings me to a memory of Matthew when he was about 10 or so. We were watching some form of crime show in the living room and the investigators discovered semen in the van. Matthew turned to me and ask me what semen was…..I folded and I told him they were men who worked on a ship. From my experience, sex education is 7th grade’s responsibility. lol.

          So now I’m home and hating my own guts for that stupid evening nap. What was I thinking? I’ll never sleep tonight. I guess I’ll remember that next time I want to come home and “be productive”, maybe I should just consider taking a nap and not feel guilty about what I actually get accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment